The worlds first modified GoPro 2 camera with your choice of lens (standard or infrared) installed! Lenses now available without IR Lens Filter so you can record at night in pitch black conditions!! For best results we recommend using an IR Illuminator for extended IR coverage. If you use a lens without IR filter, please be aware that your day time colors will not be accurate.
View all GoPro lenses, accessories & mounts
Thru years of research we finally have changed lenses on the GoPro HD. GoPro’s HD Helmet HERO is the world’s highest performance wearable 1080p HD video and still photo camera. Professional quality 1080p /960p / 720p HD resolutions record at 30 and 60 frames per second (60fps in 720p). Record up to 2.5 hours on a single charge and up to 9 hours total on a 32GB SD card (not included).
The camera can also shoot automatic 5MP photos at 2/5/10/30 and 60
second intervals during your activity, hands free. Press the shutter
button once at the start of your activity and record up to 2.5 hours of
poster-print quality photos of you and your friends, living it up.
The HD Helmet HERO is compatible with all other GoPro HERO camera
mounting accessories, so it's very easy to expand the functionality of
your camera to also suction cup to vehicles, clamp to bike handlebars
and seat posts, mount to surfboards, and even be worn on the wrist or
Waterproof to 180’ / 60m and protected from rocks and other hazards
thanks to its removable polycarbonate housing. Replacement housings and
lens kits are available, making repairs or refurbishing your HD HERO
camera affordable and convenient. It's a GoPro...go for it.™
These pictures below show the original camera installed with our varifocal 2.8-12mm (adjustable zoom) lens.
- 1 HD HERO 2 Camera (11 megapixel)
- 1 Rechargeable 1100 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
- 1 Waterproof Quick-Release Housing (180’/60 m) or Skeleton Housing by request
- 1 Lens Cover (optional, if available)
These pictures below show the GoPro 2 camera installed with our varifocal 2.8-12mm (adjustable zoom) lens.
These pictures below show the GoPro 2 camera installed with our 4mm lens.
These pictures below show the GoPro 2 camera installed with our 50mm lens.
- 2X Sharper Professional Glass Lens
- f/2.8 Fixed Focus
- 170º Wide FOV (Including 1080p)
- 127º Medium FOV (In 1080p)
- 90º Narrow FOV
- HD RESOLUTIONS:
- 1080p: 1920×1080, 30PFS
- 960p: 1280×960, 48FPS + 30FPS
- 720p: 1280×720, 60FPS + 30FPS
- STANDARD DEFINITION RESOLUTIONS
- WVGA: 848×480, 120FPS + 60FPS
- High Performance,1 /2.3” CMOS Image Sensor
- Light Sensitivity: .84 V/lux-sec
- Video Format: H.264 codec, .mp4 File Format
- Exposure Control: Spot, Center Weighted
- White Balance: Auto
- RESOLUTIONS: 11MP, 8MP, 5 MP
- FOV: Wide 170º FOV, Medium 127º FOV
- CAPTURE MODES: Single, 10 Photo Burst, Time-Lapse*, Self-Timer
- * Now supports time-lapse photo every 0.5 seconds. Requires Class 10 speed SD Card.
- Mono, 48 kHz, AAC Compression, Auto Gain Control
- Stereo External Microphone Input (3.5mm)
- SDHC: Up to 32GB (Class 4 or Higher)
- AVERAGE RECORDING TIME WITH 32GB SD CARD:
- 1080p30: 4 hours
- 960p30: 6 hours
- 720p60: 4 hours
- 720p30: 6 hours
- WVGA 120: 4.5 hours
- USB Cable For Charging and Data Transfer
Battery & Charging
- 1100mah Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Charge via USB
- Microsoft Windows® Vista, 7 and Later
- Mac OS® x 10.5 and Later
Compatible with all GoPro BacPacs
- Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™ (Coming Soon)
- LCD BacPac™
- Battery BacPac™
- 3D HERO® System